Avoid Contractor Scams - Storms have swept across North Texas in the past few weeks so BBB would like to remind consumers if your clean-up efforts require hiring a contractor then consider the following tips to keep from getting scammed.
• Get at least 3-4 quotes from contractors
• Do not pay for the job in advance. Be wary of any contractor who demands full payment up front.
• Do not hire people who show up at your door offering services such as tree or debris removal and roof repair.
• Resist high-pressure sales tactics such as the “good deal” you’ll get only if you hire the contractor on the spot.
• Verify licensing and bonding before hiring a contractor.
• Get all promises in writing.
You can always find our list of trustworthy contractors at BBB.org.