Camp Grin Again is an activity-based program for children between the ages of Kindergarten & 8th who are grieving the loss of a loved one. Campers receive support through age appropriate groups and participate in age appropriate activities. Splitting the children into age appropriate groups allows the children to connect with others not only their same age but who are also experiencing some of the same things when dealing with the loss of a loved one.
Camp for 2020 will be "Camp On The Go", a virtual at home camp. This is a brand-new format and we are very excited to be able to offer this to the youth in our community!
• Camp will start on Monday, June 29th and will take place for 4 weeks, through July 20th.
• Each week supply packets will be available at Hospice of Wichita Falls– where children and their parent/guardian can drive through the parking lot to pick up their “Grins2Go" packet.
• Each packet will include all the supplies they will need to complete their grief related crafts and activities at home. These packages include age appropriate activities that are designed to be fun, easy and allow the children to just be children.
• Each activity and instructions provided will relate to a portion of grief that we would have typically talked about at our on-site camp – Changes, emotions, coping skills, support systems, and honoring memories.
• We will be using the hashtag #Grins2Go for the 4 week duration of Camp On The Go! Our staff and volunteers are extremely excited to be involved with this new format and will be working virtually alongside the children, completing the same crafts and activities.
• We encourage children and their families to post pictures of their activities they are working on using the hashtag #Grins2Go
• Pre-registration is required at www.howf.org/cga
• For additional information please call 940-691-0982
Curriculum for Camp Grin Again is based on the following principles:
• ACCEPTANCE of the expression and experience of a wide range of emotions in a safe environment
• VALIDATION of the unique quality of individual grief
• GUIDANCE through the painful days of mourning and adaptation of family change
• CREATION of skills and abilities that effectively serve participants throughout life
Camp Grin Again, as with all of our support groups, is free to the public and is offered to children grieving ANY type of death – not just families who have used hospice services. The death does not have to be recent, nor does the child need to be presenting difficulties.
The deadline to register is June 22nd and families may enroll by contacting Hospice of Wichita Falls or visiting www.howf.org/cga
WHAT: Camp Grin Again – Camp On The Go
WHO: Children kindergarten – 8th grade
WHEN: June 29
TIME: 5:30 – 7:00 pm
WHERE: Virtual Camp
Packet Pickup at Hospice of Wichita Falls
4909 Johnson Road Wichita Falls, Texas 76310
REGISTER: 940-691-0982 or www.howf.org/cga
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: June 22, 2020