Archer County Sheriff’s   Weekly  Report

Sheriff Staci Beesinger

The Sheriff’s Office received 133 Calls for Service during the past 7-day period ending Sunday, August 11, 2019. On the day of this report there were 28 individuals incarcerated in the Archer County Jail consisting of 23 men and 5 women.

Around 10pm Monday night, an Archer City woman reported that her friend had been assaulted by her friend’s paramour. The caller said the man had also struck the woman’s son. Officers responded and spoke with the caller and the assaulted woman. Officers then went to the location of the assault and spoke with the male suspect. Medics were called to assess any injury he may have sustained. He was then placed under arrest for Assault Family Violence and transported to the Archer County Jail. He was released after posting a $10,000 bond and the expiration of the 48 hr hold once bond was posted.

Around 4pm Tuesday afternoon, a woman on FM 1954 reported that her husband fired an employee from his business the day before for being belligerent and cussing her over the phone. After the man was fired another man who knows all parties involved observed the fired man in a Wichita Falls Pawn Shop attempting to pawn over $2500 in tools. When the fired man saw the other man he abruptly left the pawn shop leaving the tools on the counter. The man notified the caller’s husband about the tools and it was discovered that those tools had been stolen from the business. The tools were returned to the owner and the case is still under investigation.

Around 9pm Tuesday night, a call was received stating that a man and woman were attempting to remove a vehicle from an Archer City apartment complex. One of the suspects had previously been barred from the property. A Deputy and Archer City Police responded and made contact with the suspects and observed that the console and ignition had been removed from the vehicle. The owner of the vehicle was contacted but declined to press charges for the damage to the vehicle however the male suspect was arrested for Criminal Trespass due to previously being barred from the property. He remains in custody at the time of this report.

Just before 1am Wednesday morning, a woman living on FM 1954 reported that there were people in her yard beating on objects with a sledgehammer. Deputies responded and searched the property however no evidence of the report was found. A family member was contacted due to the suspicion of a medical condition.

Around 3:30pm Wednesday afternoon, an Ambulance was called to an area near Holliday to treat a man for heat related issues. The Ambulance arrived and put the man inside the Ambulance to treat him. Another man driving a white pickup came to the area and told the medics to move the ambulance so he could gain entry to an oilfield location. The medics advised him they were treating someone and to wait until they were finished. The 66 year old man in the white truck got into the Ambulance and moved it while medics were in the back treating the other man. Holliday Police responded and made contact with all involved. Holliday Police are investigating.

Also, around 3:30pm Wednesday afternoon, a man called 911 and reported he and his crew had been building fence near Bellevue and were travelling back into Archer County. He said one of the workers had been unresponsive since Hwy 148 and Hwy 174 in Clay County. He advised they were now on US 281 north of Windthorst. Deputies, medics, an ambulance, and Air Evac were dispatched and attempted to revive the man however he was pronounced deceased at the scene. His body was sent to a Dallas Medical Examiner for autopsy to determine the exact cause of death. The deceased man was 35 years old.

Around 5pm Wednesday afternoon, a travelling motorist reported that a red minivan with papers tags was driving recklessly on US 82 and then stopped near Republican Rd and appeared to be passed out. Deputies responded and finally found the driver travelling west on US 82 near the Baylor County line. The Deputy got the vehicle stopped about a half a mile inside Baylor County. The driver exhibited several signs of intoxication and was eventually placed under arrest for Driving While Intoxicated, 2nd Offense. He was transported to the Archer County Jail where he was released the following day after posting a $3000 bond.

Around midnight thirty early Thursday morning, an Archer City resident reported that a pickup truck was driving slowly on an Archer City residential street and slowing down to look inside vehicles parked on the street. A Deputy responded and attempted to stop the vehicle to check the drive and his business. The vehicle sped away but finally stopped some blocks away. The juvenile driver was issued 4 citations and his mother was called to pick him up.

Shortly after 8am Thursday morning, a woman reported that she had received a phone call from someone who advised her to take $1000 in Google Play Cards to an Archer County Constable or she was going to jail. She advised she received the same call at home and at her workplace. She also advised that one of her friends had also received the same call. This is the latest scam going on in our area. Please do not fall victim to these scams. If you get a call that is suspicious do not give any information or money to anyone over the phone. If you’re not sure of the validity contact the Sheriff’s Office for assistance.

Shortly after 1am Friday morning, a woman at Lake Kickapoo reported that her husband was intoxicated and had pushed her down. She requested that he be made to leave the house. Deputies responded and spoke with the woman who said her husband had left the house on foot. She told Officers that he threatened to kill her if she called law enforcement. Deputies waited in the shadows and the man eventually returned to the residence. He was interviewed and placed under arrest for Assault Family Violence. He remains in custody after a Parole Violation was issued on the man.

Just before 4am early Friday morning, a Windthorst man reported that someone was attempting to get into his home by turning the doorknob and beating on his windows. Deputies responded and upon arrival observed an overturned vehicle across the street from the caller’s home. The female driver was the person trying to get help from the caller after wrecking her vehicle. Medics were called to the scene to check out the driver. DPS was called to work the accident and no medical transports were made.

Just before midnight Friday night, a woman reported that she went to her boyfriend’s Scotland home to retrieve her property. When she arrived the man had another woman there with him. The caller said she confronted the man about the woman and he hit her in the jaw with a large walking stick. Deputies responded but the man and his new girlfriend had left the area. This assault is still under investigation.

Around 8:00pm Saturday evening, Wichita Falls Police advised they received a call from a passing motorist that a female was walking in the middle of US 281. It was reported that the woman was not wearing any shoes or pants. Deputies responded and searched the area but did not locate the woman. A short time later, a resident in the area reported that a male subject that appeared to be intoxicated or on drugs showed up at her house causing a disturbance. When Deputies arrived the male was lying on the ground and a female was walking north on US 281. Another male and female were at the scene as well. All parties were interviewed and it was determined that the intoxicated man had assaulted the other male and a female. The male was placed under arrest for 2 counts of Assault causing bodily injury and medics were called to check out a head wound on one of the victims. The male was also charged with Fail to Identify/Giving False Information. He remains in custody with bonds totaling $21,000.

Around 7pm on Sunday evening, Deputies went to a home on Decker Rd to attempt to locate a woman wanted on 2 warrants for Possession of a controlled Substance and Possession a Dangerous Drug. She was located, placed under arrest, and transported to the Archer County Jail where she was released the following day after posting bonds totaling $5000.

Around 8pm Sunday evening, a Deputy on patrol stopped to check on a vehicle that appeared to be broke down on Hwy 79 near Chalk Hill. The driver was checked and found to be wanted out of Taylor County for a probation violation stemming from a previous arrest of Assault Family Violence. He was arrested and transported to the Archer County Jail where he remains in custody under a $4000 bond.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.